Monday, December 7, 2009

sick week (Dec 6-13, 2009)

We're sick, so I missed my regular menu planning and shopping trip.

Sunday:
ordered pizza

Monday:
Fried quesadillas or maybe it was cheese tacos: corn tortillas folded and stuffed with shredded cheddar cheese then fried in coconut oil and salted.
Tangerines

Tuesday:
Broccoli Salad: Raw broccoli, cooked and chopped bacon, diced onion, mixed with mayo (will add yellow bell peppers or peas next time)
Roasted red potatoes, quartered and tossed with olive oil, rosemary, and salt
Overly doctored cream corn. (will stick with just regular creamed corn next time!)

Wednesday:
Crockpot Fake Chicken Fettuccine, sort of: 3 frozen chicken breasts, a red bell pepper and an onion sliced in strips, 1 box chicken broth, garlic cooked on high for a few hours. Added bag of frozen broccoli and kept cooking. Before serving, I shredded the chicken and stirred in butter, cream cheese, and a little mozerella cheese. I served it over pasta for the gluten eaters.
I came up with this by just trying to use what we had in our kitchen since I didn't menu plan and shop for the week. I would make this again, but I would cut the broth in half.
Peanut Brittle for dessert (store bought)

Thursday:
Vegetarian Mexican soup: 2 cans of black beans, 1 box of chicken broth, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped yellow bell pepper, about a 1/2 cup salsa, chipotle, cumin dumped into crockpot and cook for a few hours. I served this with corn chips and shredded cheddar cheese. This was also created from what we already had on hand.
Hot chocolate for dessert!

Friday:
Crockpot ham chowder: a few medium potatoes, peeled and diced, one can of corn, 2 cans of mushroom soup and around a 1/2 cup water. Surprisingly, I didn't throw a choppped up onion in this one, but it would have been a good addition. I cooked this on high for a few hours. Then I chopped up some chipped ham and put it in and set it on low until we were ready to eat. I served it with shredded cheddar on top. My husband made sure I wrote this one down because it is good, but simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment