Friday, January 1, 2010

January 3-10, 2010

Sunday: church

Monday: Fajita Salad
Fajita style chicken and veggies over lettuce w/ a jalapeno vinegerette
http://glutenfreemommy.com/fajita-salad/

Tuesday: Kidney Bean Soup
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kidney-Bean-Soup/Detail.aspx
cresent rolls for the children
-When it came time to make this meal, it just no longer sounded good. I ended up having the pork chops with thinly sliced potatoes and onions.

Wednesday: Beef roast in crockpot with onions, carrots, red potatoes. I ended up making this with what I thought would be an Italian flavor. I used italian spices and tomatoes, but aparently not enough because it just didn't taste much different than regular beef stew and even seemed like it needed more salt. I won't be trying this again.

Thursday: I didn't have this dinner planned and we ended up eating melted cheese on rice cakes. lol Everyone was happy with this treat.

Friday: Homemade pizzas with Millet and Flaxseed Pizza Crusts made by a company called Sam's Pita Bakery. These things are so good that you don't miss regular pizza! I made 3 different pizzas with a variety of toppings from the ingredients we used this week including broccoli, spinach, green peppers, onions, garlic, a mixture of cheeses, and of course pepperoni.

Saturday: church- I made Depression Era Rice Pudding http://www.celiac.com/articles/664/1/Depression-Era-Rice-Pudding-Recipe-Gluten-Free/Page1.html

1 comment:

  1. Kerry, this rice pudding sounds perfect for our record-setting snowy day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete